Daystar groups are a gathering of age related children and adolescents that provides a platform for counseling alongside a social setting. Daystar believes that kids have a tremendous ability to affect each other in a positive way. Many professionals in the Nashville area refer kids to Daystar in order to experience group. 23 groups meet Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays each week, during the school year, in the afternoons and evenings at the Daystar house.
Why is group so important?
Because kids listen to kids - they can encourage each other like no one else can. They learn to reach out to one another and see life from someone else's point of view.
As children and adolescents are developing, so are the issues they are facing. Groups are a natural way for clients to have a support system beyond their need for individual counseling. 60% of Daystar's clients transition from individual counseling to group counseling. Furthermore, if a client begins to struggle again, there is a counselor supervising to know that they need more intensive efforts via individual counseling weekly, monthly, or bi-monthly.
2011-2012 Girls' Groups
- 7th-8th Grades #1: 4:00-5:45pm
- 2nd-4th Grades: 4:00-5:45pm
- High School #1: 5:45-7:30pm
- 5th-6th Grades #1: 5:45-7:30pm
- 5th-6th Grades #2: 4:00-5:45pm
- High School #2: 5:00-6:45pm
- High School #3: 5:45-7:30pm
- 7th-8th Grades #2: 5:00-6:45pm
- High School #4: 5:00-6:45pm
- High School #5: 7:00-8:45
2011-2012 Boys' Groups
- 3rd-5th Grades: 4:15-6:00pm
- 7th-9th Grades: 5:00-6:45pm
- High School #6: 7:00-8:45pm
- 5th-6th Grades: 4:15-6:00pm
- High School #5: 5:15-7:00pm
- High School #3: 6:15-8:00pm
- 3rd-5th Grades: 4:30-6:00pm
- 7th-8th Grades: 4:15-6:00pm
- 8th-9th Grades/High School #6: 6:00-7:45pm
- 8th-10th Grades/High School #1: 6:15-8:00
- High School #4: 7:00-8:45pm